Terms and Conditions of Entry – Voorwaarden
By applying to be a vendor, performer, and/or volunteer, and/or by purchasing a ticket you agree to abide by and to comply with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change at the discretion of the Committee of The Holland Festival Inc.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
The Holland Festival Inc (THFI) is the organiser of this event.
By purchasing or holding a ticket, you agree to these Terms. It is a condition of your ticket purchase for this Event and a condition of entry to this Venue that you comply with these Terms.
Refusal of Entry
- For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, Event and Venue management reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event:
- If ticket is damaged, defaced, forged or copied or has not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent;
- Persons deemed to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs or disorderly or the presence of the person would be detrimental to, or compromise safety at, the Event;
- Persons wearing or displaying commercial, political or other offensive signage or logos (except for official merchandise or other Event related clothing worn in good faith);
- Unauthorised persons or persons not in possession of a valid ticket or accreditation;
- Persons who refuse to be inspected or submit belongings for inspection;
- Person in possession of items which have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance, including Restricted and Prohibited Items; and
- Due to adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes that may affect the safety of patrons.
General Conditions of Entry
- Venue reserves the right to inspect and search bags brought into or out of Venue.
- All patrons will adhere to Australian Federal and Victorian State laws at all times.
- Children 12 years and under must be under the direct supervision of a ticket holding parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Bicycles and Bicycle helmets may be brought to the event, but must not be ridden or worn within the bounds of the event unless authorised.
- Patrons must not enter restricted areas, such as back of house, competition and performance areas, dressing rooms, VIP and hospitality areas or any other area not accessible by the public.
- Pass-outs may be issued at the discretion of the Venue.
- Narcotics (other than those prescribed by a registered medical practitioner) must not be taken into or out of the Venue.
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Venue. It is an offense for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Alcohol may only be consumed in clearly marked areas of the Venue.
- Patrons are not permitted to bring beverages into the Venue. Consideration will be given to those with special dietary requirements.
- Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes or similar devices) is prohibited except in the designated area at the Venue.
- No market umbrellas or shade structures may be brought into the Venue;
- Unauthorised soliciting, collections and customer surveying is not permitted
- Ambush marketing is not permitted and patrons must not conduct any activity that conflicts with, impairs, infringes or denigrates the rights of any official sponsor or the organiser.
- THFI or the Venue reserves the right to eject from the Venue without refund any patron who:
- Breaches any General Condition of Entry;
- Does not produce a valid ticket on request;
- Is in breach of any of these Terms;
- May unreasonably obstruct the viewing of other patrons;
- May be a source of danger, nuisance, or annoyance or otherwise give rise to concerns in relation to the safety and security arrangements for an Event, including excessive noise, use of foul, obscene, abusive or racist language or gestures, the wearing or other display of commercial, political or offensive signage or logos, or the throwing of any object that might injure or cause damage to people or property;
- Fails to comply with instructions from a police or security officer;
- Is in possession of any item listed on the Restricted and Prohibited list;
- Is suspected of committing, or being likely to commit, or having committed a criminal offence within the Venue;
- Enters any area at the Venue which he/she may be prohibited to enter;
- Damages, interferes with or tampers with any THFI or Venue property; or
- Refuses to comply with requests made by Venue or THFI staff.
Restricted and Prohibited Items
- Glass or cans
- Illegal substances, including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Flares or fireworks
- Laser pointers
- Weapons, or resemblance of weapons, including knives, firearms, blunt offensive objects, batons and those with sharp ends
- Projectile items, including balls, frisbees, rackets or similar objects
- Skateboards, skates and scooters and helmets of any form other than standard bicycle helmets.
- Political or offensive materials
- Recording devices (for commercial purposes) and tripods
- Flag poles of more than 1 metre in length / banners or flags larger than 1m x 2m
- Eskies and bags of larger dimensions than 35cm in height, 20cm in width and 30cm in length (ie too large to be stored under a seat), including motorized eskies.
- Animals (other than trained assistance dogs)
- Musical instruments and noise makers, including drums, whistles, air horns and loud hailers without the prior consent of Venue management
- Other items as determined by HFI that may cause injury, public nuisance or safety concerns. Please check the FAQ on the Event website.
Patron Safety and Behaviour
- Patrons must comply with the directions or announcements from THFI or Venue staff and any other requirements relating to access and safety given by THFI or Venue staff or authorities.
- Patrons must maintain safe, prudent and respectful behaviour at all times. A patron is responsible for his or her own conduct whilst in a Venue for an Event and must pay for the cost of repair of any damage caused to a Venue as a result of their conduct.
- Patrons must not enter the competition or designated performance areas of a Venue at any time and, if you do, you may expelled from the Venue and subject to legal action.
Liability and Risk
- Patrons wishing to bring personal items into Venue do so at their own risk. THFI will not be held responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of, your personal property.
- THFI does not guarantee that you will have an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of an Event from your location within the venue, nor does THFI give any warranty as to the quality, content or duration of an Event.
- There are risks and inherent dangers associated with attending Events and associated activities that may result in patrons being injured. You agree not to bring any claim or proceeding against HFI for any damage, loss, injury or liability you may suffer in accessing the Venue or attendance at the Event.
- Patrons attending the Event do so at their own risk, and assume all risk and liability for personal injury or death, including that of any minors under their care. HFI bears no liability for any personal injuries, health problems or death sustained at or after an Event, including directly or indirectly resulting from any existing medical condition. HFI takes no responsibility for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
- If THFI is liable to you for any breach of these terms or any tort committed by THFI (including negligence but not including fraud), THFI’s liability to you is limited (at THFI’s election) to THFI repaying any amounts paid by you or supplying or resupplying any tickets to which you are entitled.
Photographs and Broadcasts
- Photographs taken within a Venue may be used only for private non-commercial purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, commercial purposes include licensing, merchandising, memorabilia, or marketing.
- Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including photographic, video or sound recordings) of the event without THFI’s prior written approval.
- If you make, reproduce or use any recording, data or image prohibited under this condition, you must assign in writing all copyright and intellectual property rights to THFI or its nominee.
- You may be photographed individually or in a crowd scene and/or your voice recorded at an Event, with or without your knowledge. You irrevocably and unconditionally consent without compensation to the recording, transmission and use of your likeness and/or voice by any means (including, audio and visual recordings by television cameras and photographers) throughout the world, to the fullest extent possible in perpetuity, by THFI and its nominees.
Event Changes and Cancellation
- THFI may add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and events (as applicable) or vary advertised programs, prices, times, venues, seating arrangement or audience capacity without any compensation to you.
- THFI may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the Event, or deny access to the Venue, due to adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes without any compensation to you.
- THFI is not liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer as a result any Event being cancelled, postponed or changed. THFI disclaims the existence of any common law duty of care to you.
- No refund or exchange of tickets will be made under any circumstances, except at the discretion of THFI if the Event is postponed or cancelled, and then according to the THFI’s refund and exchange policy.
- THFI respects the privacy of the individuals on whom THFI collects, uses and discloses personal information. The personal information that HFI collects is used for the purpose of the sale and distribution of your tickets, as reasonably required for the proper and efficient staging of Events and to give effect to any of its rights under these Terms.
- You may request access to personal information THFI holds about you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THFI will not replace your ticket, if lost, stolen, forgotten, damaged, forged or unreadable.
- THFI may choose not to enforce a term of these Terms in some cases in its absolute discretion without affecting its right to enforce that term in other cases, including by replacing tickets (except forged tickets) if you can demonstrate proof of purchase and identity acceptable to THFI.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you may use THFI ticketing websites and purchase tickets only with the supervision of a parent, guardian or other adult person.
- These Terms are governed by the law applicable in the State of Victoria and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
- THFI reserves the right to update, modify or change these Terms from time to time. Any changes will be available on The Holland Festival website.